Confession

Yes I'll admit it, I miss you.
I miss the long car drives and the weight of the night on my skin.
I miss the sound of the car as it sped down the highway and the comfort I felt watching your concentration on the road.
I miss reaching over and massaging the nape of your neck, I would be in awe the way the hairs stood up on your arm.
We would always end up somewhere scenic, something straight out the 60's blue moon scene.
I would get out of the car and stare at you with a raging anger, you always made me angry.
My mouth would be running a mile a minute, my thoughts even faster.
You had this way of making me feel about as significant as a splinter.
You would always stare back with those huge brown eyes and gleaming skin and smile.
Then at the perfect time you would embrace me in your arms and kiss my neck.
I was still pissed at you but i later realized i was really pissed at the blunder i made of us.
We were the result of some buried jungle fever neither of us acknowledged.
The truth is I was black and you were white.
Not only in skin but in nature.
I enjoy watching the crow in flight while you enjoy the sun in the sky.
But all that didn't matter because when I stared in to your eyes you were genuine.
We would hop back in to the car and you would drive me home and I would sweep more of my hurt under the rug for the sake of the moment, the dream.
I just want to return and relive those few moments with you.
Then we can come back to the present, where I don't know you and you never knew me.

Comments

Popular Posts