Charity

I accept Visa
Mastercard
American Express
Money order
Check
a bond

I'll take some of your time
A few of your words
That diamond ring on your finger
That gold chain around your neck
That gum that you're chewing

Yes, it is very expensive to visit me
Though it doesn't cost a penny
I do accept donations.

Though I must inform you I was not established to help people
but I was established to make beautiful, beautiful art.
A 5 by 6 foot mosaic art piece
Made of glass, stone, gold and scrap.

So when you donate to me don't expect a cancer fund for children
Don't expect a community fair.
The only product of your contribution is seeing that the pieces are still together
And not scattered, that within the mess there is art.
.
.
.
.
.
So will that be debit or credit?

Comments

Popular Posts