I Need A Detour

I need a detour. A detour straight back to You. The wide gates are approaching my view and my breaks are all worn out.

To read Your word has become more of challenge than before. Its like trying to read braille with perfectly functioning eyes or reading dr. Suess when your an old scholar.

Your words are so simple yet i can not understand them. All i can do is yell helplessly at a sky im not even sure exists.

Your words use to cut deep down in to my skin, reaching every hidden part of me, seeping as low as the crests beneath my feet.

Yet nowadays im afraid of a single scriape. A fear that nauseates me to even let my eye fall on a piece of your Word.

I need a detour straight back to You. Something i can just slip quietly away to. Something to catch my attention. To bring me back from this detention.

I need it quick because i can no longer stop. And the heat of it all is fast approaching.

Comments

  1. He promises in His Word if you seek Him with all your heart, you will find Him. God longs to be first priority in your life. He calls you to come home to His loving arms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment

Popular Posts