New York

I never thought that i would be reflecting back on my life in New York. I imagined i would be there for the rest of my life, moving from borough to borough or floor to floor. I never thought i would have given up my dirty blue bench on the train for a drivers seat or my favorite train car for a seat in an actual car.

I went from being surrounded by millions to being surrounded by next to none. And my identity went from being a unfamiliar face to being a name.

I know now that i wouldn't trade my life for what i have now, with apostle ruth and the rest of us living in a house together. My love still remains in New York.

Despite everything i know i have a better quality life here or at least im striving for one. New York will always hold the funniest summer nights as well as some of the darkest days of gloom in my life. New York was my life.

I think about the people still trecking it out over there. Running to and fro. Complaining of long hours and headaches. I think of them and know that the moment they leave they will realize how beautifully deceptive New York really is to actual life.


Comments

Popular Posts