Hands

Sometimes, the best analogy of life can be found in your palms,
Those lines that cross each other, over and over again.

If you look hard enough you can relate anything back to the humankind,
Flowers to the weak and rock to the strong.

But there is something truly symbolic about those extension of the arms,
The five finger way to build and destroy,

With the touch of palms are you able to seal deals,
Make amends,
Fall in love,
And let go at the shore.

Every morning I rise to these hands,
They remind me of my past actions
My past flaws.
The doors I have opened and the ones I slammed closed

But there is one thing these hands have always done,
One true and honest thing.

They have remained the most loyal thing to me...the arms,

When people leave and mobility fails with age,
These hands stay on swinging, making touch possible.



Comments

Popular Posts