Bones

The only age that matters is the age of the heart.
Mine is decades pass vibrant youth.
It has been suffocated by the smoke of foul hugs and i love you's.

You never stood around, i'm just the same old fool in the same old game.
Though i feel your presence just a few cars away i know we will never cross paths again.
I can feel you walking down Buhre towards the train but we miss each other by miles away.

I know exposed blood turns in to scabs,
Well love have your veins turned to scabs?
 have you peeled them off yet? The blood inside of me is frozen, cauterized at the source.

You've done one thing really well, you have answered my question,
Romantic love doesn't exist.
You sucked up the last bit like the sponge you are.
You cleaned me up real good .

I'm a well full of bricks,
the foundation of a pretty glass building you crashed your plane in to.
Now pieces of me fall like bodies in to the ash grave you dug for me while my eyes were closed.

Your common name will haunt me for as long as you live.
A simple word "Justin" will become the portal to my personal memorial.

Rest in peace to the symphonies of hope that use to ring inside of me.
Look at you, so vibrant and full of life.
Was my blood sufficient enough?

You climbed on shoulders all around you and shoved your foot in to my face to reach that pretty blue sky.
Well was it worth it?
Will it be so worth it when you realize everything beneath you have perished away in to the red earth?

So let it dawn on you, my righteous righteous man...

Comments

Popular Posts