Grass Widow

I am a woman with lilac hair.
And tonight is my wedding night.
Though i'm far past my days of dreaming in the grass,
I do call myself Grass Widow.
I married my fragile love at birth,
When my mother laid me down on it.
My first suckle wasn't of milk but of dew.
And my comfort was not of two brown arms but of many green ones.
I've washed my body in preparation for you.
18 years grown but with the heart of 5.
I'm a grass widow love
And I don't know how to love you.
I only know how to be among the stalks,
My eyes bestowed upon the sky.
I can't lay in your bed,
My body won't fit.
How could I trade the kisses of mosquitoes
For the kisses of your lips
And your words in place of the wind?
At the same time i'm ready to be taken in to your grasps.
I'm not of you
And I don't have your rib
But I can be your plant,
Just set me beside your window.

Comments

Popular Posts